MARKETING INTERN FOR RAVE REBEL
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, we are the world's largest network of multi-channel web and physical retailers catering to the electronic dance music scene/culture. Mainstream exposure to EDM has created a turning point in our lifestyle niche and the underground art forms revolving around the culture are in higher demand than ever.
We consider ourselves a driving force in this as we actively participate in the growth of the overall innovation within the domain and we are seeking passionate individuals with an interest in EDM music to help take our company to the next level.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a talented Marketing Intern that can grow with us as we continue to expand Rave Rebel into the EDM / Rave market.
ABOUT THE POSITION: RAVE REBEL MARKETING INTERN:
We are looking for a passionate student with a passion for rave fashion and an interest in learning more about ecommerce marketing. If you're looking for a fast-paced working environment where you will be exposed to many different types of media projects, this internship is for you. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the EDM community via press, blogs, social media, newsletters and other cross promotional projects.
In this position, you will work with a closely knit team of rave fashion enthusiasts who have a passion for festivals. You will be the trendsetter for rave fashion and have an opportunity to be a part of a passionate movement in youth culture.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with our daily social networking strategy, sponsorship and influencer programs, event marketing, new product marketing, and much more.
This is an unpaid internship position for Summer/Fall, but could potentially last longer. The right candidate will have some experience with all items listed below and must have the ability to work on a PC Platform.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US:
- Enjoy the autonomy/flexibility to be creative
- Become an integral part of a core internal team with lots of room for advancement
- Great culture. An environment where everyone is driven to make the company and themselves succeed. We love our EDM music and we love the energy around here!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Interest in learning more about E-Commerce marketing and lifestyle branding
- Interest in rave fashion and our brand
- Knowledge of festival culture and EDM artists
- Knowledge of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr, Wanelo, and other emerging social media platforms
- Must be willing to come into our office 10 - 15 hours per week
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic -- must be able to work overtime on projects with tight deadlines
- Able to work independently to complete tasks
- Must have proper time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel. Some photoshop knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Video Editing
- Experience organizing and managing large groups
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Internship Credit - The opportunity to work with and learn from the leading lifestyle brand team in the festival market!
STEPS TO APPLY:
- Send your resume as an attachment
- Cover letter: Tell us about your experience with EDM and why you would be a great fit for creating future EmazingLights products